Friday, February 12, 2010

Sesame Street!


This past week, we had a very special treat on post. Beth brought Tay to post around 3:30 and I met them at Collier Field House to grab good seats for the Sesame Street Live USO experience! :) Five characters from Sesame Street came to entertain the crowds with song and dance, and they also geared the show toward the military family audience by referencing a parent deployed and what they did to help cope with the separation or loss. Although it was a very brief show (about 25 minutes of actual stage time), it was very well received by the entire audience, and Tay particularly enjoyed seeing Elmo in person and being so close to him. Here she is waving at him!


I wish we could have gotten some video of her in the audience dancing along and just getting so excited when Elmo came on stage. She shrieked with excitement and waved her hands frantically, and of course, turned to me to tell me that Elmo was on the stage! It was a beautiful sight!


She was totally entranced in the show once it began and I know she was sad when Elmo said good bye and left the stage. I wish we could have had a photo opportunity with them together, but that was not an option (unless I rushed the stage with her or something, like many of the parents did as soon as Elmo set foot off stage!). I guess I'm just not that kind of aggressive...sorry Tay. Beth was able to get a few cute shots of her and some of the characters on stage. The five characters that performed were Elmo, Grover, Cookie Monster, Rosita, and Zoe.

Just look at how much she's enjoying this show! She'd look back every once in a while to make sure we were as into it as she was!

No comments: