Monday, February 22, 2010

The last couple weeks.

Well, it has been a little over two weeks since potty training, and Tay has been doing very well! She has never had an accident outside of the house, even when we put her in a pull-up just in case. She still remembers when we're out that she needs to tell us she needs to go potty. We did have one day when she had two accidents at the house...she was playing, playing, playing and the next thing I notice, she is standing there looking down at her feet at a HUGE puddle. I guess she just got too caught up in playing, but thankfully it was on the wood floor and not a carpet or furniture. After that accident, I cleaned her up, reminded her she needed to go in the potty when she had to go, and put her in a diaper. She ran around and played some more, but later she told me she had to go potty so we went successfully on the potty. She went right back into underwear. After that she was playing again, but when she squatted to pick something up, I think she thought she had to pass gas when it was actually a little more than gas...::sigh::

So...I took her to the potty to finish because I think it surprised her that it wasn't just gas, and she ran to me to tell me she had to go poo-poo. I didn't realize she actually went a little in her undies until I pulled them down and saw a present. Ugh...

Anyhow, she finished in the potty, and since she didn't just go entirely in her undies, I just cleaned her up and put her in another pair of undies instead of a diaper.

Saturday night, Tay actually woke up around midnight to tell me she had to go pee-pee. I haven't started night training yet, so I was surprised she did that, but I took her anyway and she did go and then went right back to sleep (thankfully). Maybe she's getting herself ready before I am ready...

Last week, we took Tay to Caribbean Bay water park for some swimming fun because we hadn't taken her swimming in a long time. She LOVED the water...even though it was a bit chilly. :) That girl loves swimming more than anything...she was so excited when we told her we were going swimming...and she didn't want to get out of the water when we left! She went down the slide a few times, went around the lazy river many times, and her favorite at the end was the wave pool where she loved playing at the wave breaks and feeling the water push her around.

This coming weekend, we are going to celebrate Tay's 2nd birthday early because Jeff will be gone for the actual day for exercise. We've invited a couple of her little friends and a couple adults she knows and we'll be celebrating at our home. The theme? Elmo, of course. :)

We can't wait!

No comments: