Monday, February 1, 2010

Sleep...

Ah, glorious sleep.

Happy February! This month, Tay will turn 23 months old and be one month closer to turning the big TWO! Amazing.

This past weekend, we spent a lot of time with her little friend Aiden and his family. Saturday we went sledding at Yangji Pine Resort, but we only lasted there about an hour because it was pretty cold and Aiden didn't really like sledding so much. Maybe it was the fact that when the kids went down with the dads, they got a steady spray of snow in their faces so that there was a wall of snow built up to their foreheads! :)

Well, Tay only went down with me once more, before she decided it was enough. I think the adults had a good time, though. :) The second time Tay went down, we were doing pretty good about keeping the snow out of our faces until Appa came flying by and his and my ankles got entangled and then the snow spray came again. By the time we finally got untangled, we were already at the bottom of the hill. The memorable part was when the snow spray began, the first thing Tay did was shout, "No, Appa, no Appa!" as she ducked under my arm for cover...hehehe...

That evening, we had Aiden and his family over for a sort of "pot luck" dinner where much laughter and delicious food was shared. The kids enjoyed chasing each other around the house and dancing together. They hadn't seen each other in over two months, so the reuion was pretty hilarious.

Sunday, Jeff and I were EXHAUSTED, so we ended up oversleeping the 8am Mass. Instead, we got ready, went to breakfast, Jeff went to his class while Tay and I did some shopping, then we went to E-mart for some groceries, and then we went to the late Mass. After that, Jeff and I were so beat we took turns taking naps while Tay ran circles around us...:) She missed her nap altogether...which made for a few short meltdowns, but she did surprisingly well for the rest of the considering how tired she was. Dinner went over surprisingly easy as she chowed down on rice, seaweed mix, kimchee and steak, and toward the end of the meal, her eyes began to close. When she was finished, she sleepily looked up, raised her hands and waved them to sign that she was all done and said, "All done." Then she wanted me to pick her up. I picked her up and she immediately laid her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. Instantaneous. Before I could even clean off her little mouth and hands. Well, Jeff helped me get her cleaned up (all the while, she slept) and I got her into her pajamas and we put her in her own bed for the first night to sleep. This was around 7pm.

She slept like a rock for a little over an hour, and awake abruptly for a few minutes, but went right back to sleep after I went in and held her for a bit. After Jeff and I turned in, I could fall asleep because I kept worrying that Tay might wake up in the middle of the night and be scared waking up alone in her room. I kept listening for her, but I think I eventually dozed off because I awoke with a start when I heard the softest little voice saying, "Mommy, where are you?" Not scared, not worried, but just asking where I was. I think she woke up because there was someone clopping around upstairs and moving chairs. I ran to her room and carried her back to bed with me...maybe I'm not ready for her to sleep in the big girl bed yet. I like our family bed. Anyhow, we all slept well the rest of the night.

This morning, Tay awoke when I sat down on the bed to get her dressed for the day (since she slept in til 7:45). She sat up right away and said, "Tita's?" Yes, baby girl, yes. We've got to get to Tita's so Umma can go to work. I'm glad she understands the routine, but sometimes I wish I could get her dressed and have her say, "breakfast?" instead and I could make her a yummy breakfast to have together...::sigh::

No comments: