Monday, February 8, 2010

Potty Training Successes!

This weekend, Jeff and I decided to go all out and spend the weekend potty training. Saturday, we stayed home all day with her in just a t-shirt and underwear. We took her to the potty every hour and whenever she asked to go. From when she first woke up in the morning (5am) until she went to bed that night (8pm), she only had two accidents! We called the day a success and decided to run Sunday the same way, but since we did have to run our Sunday routine of church, breakfast, etc., we knew it would be a little tougher on her.

Well, from the moment she woke up (6:30am), she told us she needed to go pee-pee, so we ran to the potty where she went successfully. Then, we went again before we left for church. We did put her in a diaper for church, just in case (since it was really only her second day of official potty training), but she stayed dry through church, and at the beginning of breakfast, she said, "Umma, pee-pee" so we went to the public restroom where I found her in a completely dry diaper and she went successfully in the big toilet! Afterward, we washed our hands and went to breakfast. After breakfast, she told me she needed to go again, so I took her again, where she still had a dry diaper and she went again! We washed up and went to play on the playground a bit before we went shopping. About five or ten minutes into playing, she suddenly ran to me again and said she needed to go. I thought it was a bit strange since she had just gone less than 15 minutes ago, but I figured it couldn't hurt to take her again, so we went back inside and to the restroom.

This time, she went #2!!! I was so proud of her. I just held her on the big potty (since we were still in a public restroom) and she just went like it was a piece of cake! Her diaper still remained dry. After showering her with praise and washing up once again, we went on our way to shop a bit before we went home for some rest. On the drive home, Tay fell asleep in the car seat, so we let her nap in her room for an hour or so while we rested up as well. I fell asleep myself for a bit, and woke up to Tay asking me to go pee-pee.

She still had a dry diaper after her nap!!! :) She went successfully in the potty, and from then on, she just wore underwear like a big girl the rest of the day with NO ACCIDENTS!

Sunday was 100% success without us reminding her every hour to go potty. She told her whenever she needed to go - sometimes within 30 minutes of going, other times, in two hours! I was so proud of my little girl!

I hadn't thought of nighttime training yet, but we'll think about doing that maybe in a few months or so. I'm just so proud that she got the hang of it so quickly...

This morning, Tay left the house with just underwear on. I'm hoping for another good day of accident-free potty success. :)

Happy Superbowl!

No comments: