Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happiness is...

...waking up in the morning to this:


...and waking up to "doo-moh-ning, Ummaaaaaa" and a giant kiss on the face. :)

...and even waking up to a rub on the head and a hundred little kisses! :)

Happiness is parenting a child and loving that child so much that even when she frustrates you because she won't go to sleep at night, she's just so darn cute that you can help but chuckle when she asks you for that one more sip of water or that one more story...

Tay's vocabulary is just exploding these days and she amazes me every day with what she says and the SENTENCES she uses them in! It's amazing! It's also funny that she has a sense of humor and she knows when she's being funny. Yesterday, she saw a picture of our family on Appa's computer and pointed to the picture, identifying each one of us. Then, she proceeded to point at herself and say "Umma," then she pointed at me and said, "Appa," and then she turned to me with a huge grin on her face and said, "Funny," and giggled her silly little giggle and then went on to identify herself as "Lu-lu" (her cousin), me as "Uncle Han," and her Appa as "Uncle Justin" and then turned to me and said, "FUNNY!" again as she giggle and rolled on the ground. My little comedian...:)

So many moments of happiness like these fill our days, that I can't recall when I am sad...I guess that's a good thing. Mind you, we still have our tantrums and meltdowns, but they pale in memory compared to all the laughter...

This morning, as we got in the car to go to Beth's, Tay grabbed my arm after I buckled her in and said, "Umma play me" (Umma play with me). I hugged her and kissed her and told her I'd play with her a lot after she got done playing with Tita. Then, she told me, "one more popo, popo!" so I kissed her again, when she just grabbed my face and kissed me about 10 times more before she was satisfied and we went on our way. It's mornings like these I just wish I could stay home and play with her...::sigh::

I love my little girl...she's growing up so fast and her heart is just so...full of love. I feel so lucky to be her Umma...

No comments: